Now that the cold weather is gone, it’s time to focus on what you need to get ready for spring!
Springtime means its time to freshen up your lawn, garden, and property exterior.
The winter months can take a hard toll on the appearance and upkeep of your lawn and garden, but Action Rentals can help! Action Rentals has just what you need for all those spring projects. We have everything from leaf blowers and lawn mowers to shovels and pruners to get your yard looking its best this spring!
What about your property exterior?
Winter’s harsh weather can really make your siding and gutters appear run-down. In order to clean out your gutters and reach those hard-to-paint spots, you’ll definitely need a ladder. Power washing your home to make it really stand out? When you rent your power washers from Action, don’t forget a ladder, too! At Action Rentals we have a ladder for every job on your spring to-do list.
Whether you are at home or on a job site, safety is of utmost importance! The entire Action Rentals team takes safety seriously and we encourage our clients to as well. Here are some handy tips to help you stay safe during your projects!
– If your project involves using chemicals, make sure to read the labels and FOLLOW all manufacturer instructions and warning labels.
– Before you dig, call the local utilities to make sure that you will not be digging where you could get hurt.
– Protect your vision! Safety glasses or dust glasses will help protect against flying particles and chemical goggles will protect against exposure to fertilizers and pesticides
– Be observant. Be aware of anything that could harm you or your family (power lines, water lines, trees, etc).
– Check your lawn for any debris prior to mowing.
– Ensure that any tools you keep at home are in good working condition. Damaged tools should be repaired or replaced. If it is a tool that you don’t use frequently, check and see if we carry it and that way you will know it is always in good condition.
– In any project, use common sense. If something feels dangerous or potentially harmful, then it probably is.
We are more than happy to provide any knowledge or experience we have to make sure that your project is done with a minimum of hassle and a maximum amount of safety! We look forward to helping you with your next home or business project! Check out our website or call us at 423-246-5181
As spring approaches, many of us start to focus on our lawns! Remember, spring is a very important time for your yard and here are some tips to help your lawn be spring and summer ready!
While it is important to do yard work, we urge you to wait until the soil is drier. Foot traffic and hard raking will compact soggy soil and can damage tender new grass shoots. As the soil dries, remove leaves and fallen debris. Also, gently rake as this helps not only fluff up but also separates the grass shoots!
Spring is also a wonderful time to conduct a soil test to determine if your soil needs any alterations. You can apply lime to acidic soil (pH below 6) anytime during the growing season, contingent upon the grass being wilted or covered with frost. Note – do not apply lime within 3 weeks of fertilizing as the ingredients will react and become less effective.
If you decide to aerate your lawn, make sure to wait until the lawn has been mowed 2 – 3 times in that season so that you can make sure it is growing fast enough to recover from the aeration.
As soon as you see that your yard needs to be mowed, begin mowing! Remember, grass blades do best when cut no more than a third of the blade’s length at a time.
Spring is also a great chance to make sure your lawn equipment is ready for the coming season! Make sure the blade is sharpened and everything on the lawn mower is ready to go!
For more information and for all lawn care and light construction needs, come see the experts at Action Rental & Sales in Kingsport, Tennessee. Stop by our showroom at 1861 Eastman Road, visit our website or call us at 423-246-5181.