Fall is here! Along with the beautiful fall colors of leaves and the crispness of the air, there are several yard items that need to be completed prior to winter. Many factors are involved in creating a strong, healthy lawn. Fall yard care is extremely important if you want a great yard in the spring. The checklist below has the foundations of a sound yard maintenance program.
2. Reduce mowing height and being mulching and raking leaves as they fall.
3. Reduce watering frequency.
4. Apply fertilizer in the early fall.
5. Monitor for insects and insect damage.
6. Re-seed weak or dead areas.
7. Dormant feed with a slow release nitrogen fertilizer. Don’t forget, late fall fertilization is the most important application of the year.
9. Winterize mowers, trimmers, and hand tools.
10. Winterize irrigation system, and store hoses and sprinklers.
Let Action Rentals help you get your lawn ready for fall and prepare for a beautiful spring! We have the tools to help you finish your project on time and on budget. Give us a call today at 423-246-8326, visit us online at actionrentalkpt.com or visit or showroom on Eastman Road in Kingsport.