‘Tis the season! As people get their shopping done and decorations up, sometimes it is easy to forget that our houses need to be winterized as well! Here are some handy tips to help you get your house winterized in no time! Let Action Rental in Kingsport help you get your house ready for winter with our rentals. Call us at 423-246-5181 and we will help you get your house winterized so you can get back to enjoying your holidays!
– Make sure your pipes are insulated.
– Ensure that your walls and attics insulated.
– If you want to save some money on energy costs, make sure that your windows and doors are caulked and weather stripped.
– Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
– Check your fireplace and chimney to make sure they are clean and free of nests.
– Check your thermostat and furnace.
– Drain the gas from the lawn mower.
– Make sure that your gutters and your downspouts are clean.
– Check all of your fire extinguishers to make sure they are in working order.
– Drain and unplug your garden hoses.
– Check your snow blower to make sure it is in working condition.
– Make sure you have salt and snow shovels handy.
– Learn how to shut off your water valve should a pipe burst.
– Have a plan for checking on elderly family members and friends.
We hope that you have a wonderful holiday season and a great start to 2012. Don’t forget to let us help you with your winterizing tool needs. Call us at 423-246-5181 or stop by our office at 1861 North Eastman Road, Kingsport, Tennessee.